What's on your mind?



Familiar question?

We answer it every day if you are not the type of user who change their "Facebook - mind status" every minute. Who doesn't have an FB account? I know some who cancelled theirs already, for some personal reasons. I have thought of cancelling mine too, at one point...until I realize that somehow, we can use this as a tool for spreading the Good News.

If you are my friend, you can surely read Bible verse and some preachings or Biblical phrase on your news feed or ticker from my account, whether you like it or not! And that's what I like about it... being able to reach other people and share God's Words even to those who weren't reachable before.

Being online 8 hrs. a day  gives me the privilege to read other's "mind" through their status. I can feel their joy with all the happy icons on their page... and I can give some smiley on chat to those who doesn't have a good day. I can say a healing prayer to those who are sick or say a 'hooray!' to those who got good grades on school. And most importantly, the birthday reminder... finally, after decades of not greeting an old friend on their special day, I was able to sing a happy birthday song to them. Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg!

But there are also some that are not likeable thoughts from other friends... there are those who cursed and some are putting dirty jokes. While others keeps updating about there whereabouts... check in at this place and eating ice cream with these people... You can also have a bite of what your friends have for lunch :-)

Being on FB since 2009, I have also witnessed several relationship status... friends from being single to in a relationship to engaged until became single again... I have observed some love stories, posting sweet notes at each others wall, looking at their pics, until such time that they have blocked each other's account. I've seen how their present partners became their ex's and how friends became partners...

This is not new to us. It is the  world where people move today... this is where most people connect and interact. In one tick from your keyboard, the world can 'read your mind.'

How do you want them to interpret your thoughts?
How do you want people to know you through your post?

A word once uttered can never be recalled.

But of course there are delete options on Facebook... and lucky you if no one read your screaming before you realized that... or at least, only 10% of your 999 friends / connection were online at that time.

At some point during my early Facebook years, I was also driven away by my emotions... posting what's on my mind without thinking how it will affect other people, whether towards me or towards life...

Words that we share could break a hard heart, or heal a broken one...

I am not writing as an agent of censorship, but as an FB user who 'reads your mind' and view all that you are sharing... a friend who feels happy for you when you finally got the correct recipe for a menu. A colleague who shares with your joy when you close a deal. A fan who will be at the front sit watching your performance. A coach who runs with you at the field. A classmate who will laugh with you as you share an old classroom joke. A student who is encouraged by your thoughts. A sister who sits beside you when you feel alone and lonely...

For me, that is the significance of FB. More than showing off the latest gadgets or letting people know that you just checked in at the 5 star hotel... This is connection, reaching out with your family and friends, checking their status, letting them know that you care and making them feel that you are just a click away from their screen...

What's on your mind?

Whatever it is... know that we, your family, your friends, your colleagues, are reading IT. And whether it is good or bad, it leaves an impact on us...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...