Are you enjoying your silence?

My colleague who sits in front of me just asked that question...
Today is not a busy day for me, or shall I say, not a working day for me.
Uhhmmm -- Holiday in the office!!!
And the cold weather makes it just perfect...

Since morning, there are very few things. No red flags. No WIP. I just released several materials yesterday for my account. Today is indeed a rest day, if I may say.

Yet, times like these are crucial... Idle times are the most dangerous time as the 'enemy' uses this to put several things on our mind... Things that we should not even think about.

Since morning, I was browsing on my news feed (FB); saying hi to family and friends on chat;  reading several articles and devotionals; watched few music video on YouTube; listening to praise songs, and of course, monitoring my fashion store and home design game on iPad.

These things made me busy today.

Reading articles de-stressed me. It feeds my heart and mind. There is one article that made me teary-eyed... Some gives encouragement and motivation. Most inspires me to write - that's why you are reading this... 

... just now, I received a call  from a sister in Chirist; I guess we are on the same boat. Stress-free day for her too. And the best time to do more important things - to call and check on friends. We share stories, catch up on things. She shared to me her happiness because her parents has just accepted Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour...

I know you are also having these free days; maybe not today, but it comes; and I am inviting you to make these 'free time' a more productive one. Not to work physically but take such opportunity to grow, to learn or to reach out and be a blessing to others.

Because of the above, I have come up to my own list of how to make your IDLE time an ANGEL time...

- FB'ing develops covetousness at times. Seeing these photos of the brand new house of a friend or the recent trip of your high school classmate to France or even a simple photo of a cake makes you crave to have a bite. This is one of the most common thing that enemy uses to catch our attention and commit sin through jealousy or envy...

I am not saying that you log out; but instead; use this as test for yourself... check how you really feel towards your friend's success. It will be a healthy emotional exercise.

If you find yourself in the act of coveting; pray. Ask God to change your heart...
And if you feel that you are happy with what you've seen on your friend's timeline; pray. Thank God for giving you a grateful heart.

  - YM is usually the best place for gossips; sounds like The Buzz! I guess it is still one of the top chat room used until today. Just buzz your friends, invite to conference and viola! Let the chat begin: exchange of jokes and gossips (mostly about other people)... No one is excuse; we are all guilty.

  If we find ourselves on these conversations; pray. Ask God for forgiveness that you make fun with other people's expense.

  Instead of involving yourself to such conversation; start to use this tool as your way to reach out to other people and share the Word. Instead of joining a non-sense chat-conference, start a chat-sharing and thanksgiving conversation. Give inspiration instead of destruction...

  - Do not stumble; keep focused. Visit church websites instead of stumbling upon other worldly websites; Google the churches. It is encouraging to see family of God sharing their life to others.. their testimonies and church activities are good motivation and encouragement.

  - Read Christian articles / devotionals or even commentaries. This will broaden, not just your mind, but your heart... These true-to-life articles will help you to in dealing not just your own situation but you can also find the right words and advise that you can give to a friend who might be on a similar situation.

  - Spread the good vibes. Like a likeable post. Forward an interesting article. Do not keep everything to yourself. Use the SHARE button - that is it's main purpose...

In today's technology wherein even a new born has a Facebook account... we should not be stopped with the mostly worldly elements that are available on line... instead, we should be motivated to use these tools in fulfilling the Great Commission.

During the old time; there is no internet, no telephone lines, no television, no radio... yet it is said that The Word will spread even at the farthest area on earth... the disciples have done their part...

Now, we do not have to write in scrolls or walk a thousand miles to Share the Word. There's only one button to click.

Share love. Spread the smile. Say hi to friends and let them feel that you care.

Today might seem unproductive at workplace; but it is fruitful and meaningful at God's place.

Going back to the question that my colleague asked; I respond with a smile and told her that yes, there is peace in silence... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...