Stand Firm


Last week, our church celebrated its 16th year of standing firm in faith, united in doing the mission of God. It was victorious. The program runs smoothly, the message was very clear on the presentations, the Word of God was delivered with great impact by the guest pastor, and more importantly, many visitors took the step of faith and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Indeed, our labor is not in vain.

And as expected, the enemy will work double time to destruct us. We cannot expect them to simply sit and watch us as we celebrate.

A day after the celebration, I received a phone call from one of my sister in Christ; she was crying; I can barely understand her words but I can feel the pain. There may be turmoils but we cannot be shaken. We prayed together, and rebuke the work of the enemy. The Holy Spirit embrace & pacify her. She stand firm.

Another brother who is new in the company and new in faith worked hard during the anniversary. The following day, he was informed that he failed the probation. Now, he is looking for a new job. He believe that God has a better plan. As children of God, we  hold on to His promises.  He stand firm.

I proclaim my life testimony on that day. I surrendered my life fully to the Lord. I declared how God transformed my life.

When I reported to work last Sunday, I thought I'll get fired. There was a campaign throughout the Middle East that was cancelled because of some issues. That's my account. My initial reaction was of course, to defend myself. It's not my fault. But then, it is my command responsibility.

To described the tension and stress, its covers me. I might drown if I panic; I should be focused.Throughout the situation, I whisper prayers, asking the Lord to save me and my job; I asked Him to pull me out from that uncontrollable situation; I defended myself even in prayers and I asked God to do it my way...
As I received calls after calls after calls, I keep on murmuring... Lord help me. Get me out of this...

The Holy Spirit guided me,  strengthen me and enlightened me. He put the right words on my mouth. I prayed and asked forgiveness for my shortcomings; for being relaxed and not doing my best. Then I realized, yes, I too have lapses. I apologize to my boss and to the client for not doing the things that I should have done. I made wrong moves. I commit mistakes and I have weaknesses, but it should not destruct me. I stand firm.

Standing firm isn't about bragging on what you have. It's not being successful in life nor being victorious in trials and temptations...

It is being confident about your faith, about your God. Holding on to His promises that whatever life throws back on us, we cannot be shaken, we are strong and immovable,  not by our own strength, but through the grace of God.

Therefore my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

{more readings}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Undoubtedly God has this unimaginable way of working and sorting things out for our good. He never failed to do so. He is always the greatest! :)

KALI said...

Delete Comment From: Kali

Blogger KALI said...
Amen to that Bru :)
It's proven, many times in us... I pray that His love and grace will continuously manifest in your life.

Love you bru.

K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...