Go With The Flow

Just go with the flow... new millennium is new millennium! 



I don't remember who exactly answered this in one beauty pageant, way back 90's, because the question is pertaining to the Y2K generation but I clearly remember the lines.. and for sometime, I lived on those words.

Just go with the flow...

With all the perks of being single: no commitments, no kids to consider, enjoying your salary, travelling wherever you want, living your life freely... it is so easy and comfortable to just go with the flow.

New millennium is new millennium! 

This is the world where we live. We've seen a lot of videos about how family these days eat silently just because the kids are focused on their tablets; teens are busy chatting; even parents are always on their phone... this is no longer new to us, because that is how we are living now.

Liking things are much easier these days. We were so connected with what's in, what's new, what's cool and what's fab! We get influenced by just clicking the LIKE buttons and influence others by one tick on SHARE... We follow famous personalities, what they wear, what they eat, what they do or where they go... what matters these days are just one # (hashtag) away...

and the truth is -- there is nothing that we can do to stop it. 

We could only expect that it will get even worst.

I didn't say that technology is bad; I am actively involved in social media as well. I have IG, FB, Twitter and several blogs. I use this to share God's wonderful works in my life...

However, it doesn't mean that I am excused on following the trend. I got hook at it, just like you; I also found myself liking things that I didn't even have interest before.

Sabi nga sa pelikula, ang mundo ay isang malaking Quiapo, maraming isnatcher...

Recently, muntik na rin akong manakawan; muntik na rin akong ma-isnatchan.

I just found myself spending more time on FB and IG and less in my real world. I got hook on what's in, what's trending, and with what my friends and famous personalities are doing...

Then, there's envy... I see things that they have, and I don't; I started to have the desire to go to places that they visited; I craved for food that they posted and wanted to try out dining on those fancy restaurants. I began wanting more and felt having less...

It saddens me... by merely looking at my timeline, I started to question my contentment and began to desire for more.

My wishlist got longer...

But before my wants overshadow my plans, the Holy Spirit confronted me and reminded me of what I really wanted. He showed me how blessed I am, how grateful my heart and peaceful my life is...

Through prayers and constant communication with Him, I was able to do the counter-flow instead of merely going with the flow... I face the waves and surf on it.

There is nothing wrong with technology, but we should be conscious with what we are into. The enemy is ready to attack anytime... he is watchful to our actions. We should always guard our heart and mind on what we look at, on what we read and whom we follow online.

At the same time, we should also be cautious with what we post and share on social media because we cannot measure the influence that we give to those who follow us. Hash tags are open to billions of people; words that can inspire or destruct someone's point of view.

We can go with the flow, surf on the waves and float along the sea of technology... but we should be responsible and focus on our goal. No one can say that they are strong nor they know how to float... because enemy is like raging waves that can take you in a snap.

PROVERBS 4:23-27
23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

24 Avoid all perverse talk;
    stay away from corrupt speech.

25 Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;

    stay on the safe path.

27 Don’t get sidetracked;

    keep your feet from following evil.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...